TeamDesk allows you to create new dashboards and assign them to different user groups. To add a new dashboard:
Setuplink in the top right corner of the window.
Choose a necessary table and click the corresponding tab at the top of the window.
From the menu in the main frame, select
Create a new dashboard. The system will open the form where the settings can be adjusted.
- This property represents the dashboard name. Please note that this field is required.
- The Notes field can hold any developer’s comments that need to be kept for this dashboard. These comments will be visible in the Setup mode only.
- This option allows you to select an icon for a dashboard. You have a choice of 900+ icons covering various subjects – actions, brands, file types, symbols, animals, and much more. The Search box above will help you narrow down the list of choices.
In the User mode, the icon will appear to the left of the Dashboard name listed in the left menu of the table.
- If you want to restrict access to the newly created dashboard for your users based on their roles, select the
Accesscheckbox and choose which roles will have access to this dashboard.
- There is the
Filteroption in the
Matchingsection. If any criteria are specified here, the system will apply that filter to ALL views created in this table and placed on the dashboard. Please note that only views created in the given table and placed on the table dashboard can be filtered. If the filter contains the "Ask the User" option, then the interactive "Select Criteria" section will be displayed at the top of the dashboard. More details are described in Common Filter for several views on a dashboard. The following filter options are available:
- All records;
- Only records that meet certain criteria;
- Custom formula.
- Enable Embedding
- This option allows you to copy/paste a simple HTML snippet to embed a dashboard on your website page. More details are described here Embedding Option for Dashboards.
- When the
Helptext property is filled in, a dashboard/view page displays a small drop-down titled
Helpjust under the tab bar. When the user clicks on it, it extends downward to display the text you’ve entered. To simplify the process of creating dashboard help, it supports the automatic extraction of views’ help texts. First, the dashboard’s own text is displayed, followed by a list of the view’s section headings and the help text for each view available to the user.
Help texts are actually formatted using markup with limited support for HTML tags and attributes. Scripts, forms, event handlers - in other words, active content - is prohibited. The feature set here is on par with email workflow actions.
Append help from Views checkbox is activated, the help tips listed in the views placed on the dashboard will be included as the help tips for this dashboard.
You can place Views and Texts on the dashboard as separate sections. Dashboard customization details are described in the Customizing Dashboards topic.