View Subscriptions can be sent when there is a need to notify a user about the current state of any TeamDesk view at regular intervals (Daily, Weekly, or Monthly).
For example, if you want to notify users about overdue tasks assigned to them every day, you can set up a "Overdue tasks" view to be sent to users daily.
To create a new subscription or modify an existing one:
Setuplink in the top right corner of the window.
Select the table you need.
From the setup menu, select
Configure view subscriptions. The system will display the
Scheduled View Subscriptionsform:
To edit an existing subscription, click the
Editbutton next to the necessary subscription entry. You can also copy existing subscriptions or delete them by clicking the corresponding buttons on the form.
Moreover, you can enable or disable sending the view subscriptions in the common list displayed on the form: select the checkbox next to a necessary record and click the
Disablebutton. Use the
Actioncheckbox for multiple selections.
To create a new subscription, click the
New button at the top of the form. This will open the
New Subscription form.
General section of the form, enter the view subscription general data:
- Enter the name of the new view subscription.
- The field can hold any developer’s comments that need to be kept for this subscription. The comments will be visible in the Setup mode only.
- Specify from whom the notification should be sent. You can use the following options:
- email@example.com: The notification will be sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Database Owner: A database owner’s name and e-mail will be indicated in the From field of the notification.
- Me: Your user name and e-mail will be indicated in the From field of the notification.
- The User: You can specify a user whose e-mail and name will be indicated in the From field. Furthermore, if there are more than 50 users in the database user list, you should enter some letters or words to find the user you need. By default, the first 50 names of users are listed in the dropdown.
- Specific e-mail address: You can type-in a specific e-mail address, and this e-mail address will be displayed in the From field.
- Select options defining to whom the notification should be sent. You can specify one or many options described below:
- All users with access: The notification will be sent to all users who have the access to the database.
- Me: The notification will be sent to your user e-mail. You entered this e-mail, when registered as a database user.
- The User: You can specify a user to whom the notification will be sent. Furthermore, if there are more than 50 users in the database user list, you should enter some letters or words to find the user you need. By default, the first 50 names of users are listed in the dropdown.
- All members of the role: You can choose a role and the notification will be sent to the users whom this role is assigned.
- Specific e-mail address: You can type-in a specific e-mail address and the notification will be sent to it.
Recipients specified in the
Bccfields will receive copies of the messages sent to every recipient specified in the To field, regardless of their access rights.
E-mail Contents section of the form, enter the data concerning e-mail contents:
- Enter the subject of the new reminder.
- Enter the basic information of the reminder. Note that the body of the reminder may contain placeholders (for example, the name of the action: modifying/adding/deleting table records). To configure the body of the reminder, use the
%sign to choose and insert the placeholders you need. You are able to select the following placeholders:
- %AppName%: The name of this database.
- %AppOwner%: The owner of this database.
- %AppLink%: The link to the database.
- %ViewName%: The name of the view.
- %ViewData%: The view data.
- %ViewLink%: The link to the view.
- %Recipient%: The notification recipient.
Access rights for the placeholders/columns in the message body are determined by access rights of the user specified in the
Tofield. In case of arbitrary e-mail columns or an arbitrary e-mail address, the access rights of the database owner will be used.
- Select the necessary format of the notification:
- Plain Text.
Subscription section of the form, enter the data specifying when the view subscription should be sent:
- In the
Viewdropdown, choose the name of a view that should be inserted into the body of the subscription.
- Avoid Empty Reports
- If this option is checked, the subscription will not be sent when there are no records in the view. For example, there are no overdue tasks on the specified date, so the “Overdue tasks” view is empty, and the subscription will not be sent.
- Specify the period in which the view subscription should be sent and specify additional subscription options if available:
- Daily: to send view subscriptions every day;
- Weekly: to send view subscriptions every week. In the displayed list select a day(s) of the week when view subscriptions should be sent;
- Monthly: to send view subscriptions every month. Once selected, you also need to specify the day of the month when the view subscription should be sent;
- at: specify the time to process the trigger (midnight is the default). The TimeZone coincides with the TimeZone specified in the Database Properties.
- Notification enabled
- Select the checkbox to enable notifying.
Save button to save the information entered in the form.
If you click on a subscription name, below the
Subscription form, you can see the
Log displaying whom and when the system sent this subscription.
This helps to check the work of the subscription. If you click on the
Details button, you can see when the subscription alert was processed and delivered or the reasons explaining why it was not delivered.
Please notice that the non-delivered subscription log is available only for databases kept on EU based data servers.
Moreover, you can see undelivered subscription alerts on the E-mail Non-Delivery Report page.
If you click on a subscription name, you can see the
Test button that allows you to check how your subscription will look without having to wait for the configured time.