Suppose you want to change the appearance of a form to make it more user-friendly. For instance, you may want to arrange form fields or texts side by side, display a field label above the field value, or assign alternative labels to columns.
Edit Columns button at the top of the form layout.
Edit Columns form will appear.
The options are described below:
- This column lists all form elements (columns, sections, texts). You can click on a column name to edit column properties. To edit a section name or text, you should return to the Form Layout and use the edit button.
- Specify the type of the element here.
- Label Above
- Check the checkbox if the column element label needs to be displayed above the column value. By default, a column element label and a column value are displayed side by side.
- Alternative Label
- Enter an alternative name for a column. By default, a column label is always the same as the column name. Use this field to change the default label.
- The width of the form row can be divided into a maximum of 4 columns. This means you can place up to 4 elements side by side in the same row. Additionally, you can place sections side by side, but the total number of column elements can’t exceed 4 positions.
Width option, you can specify the number of positions occupied by a column element in a row. If you want to rearrange an entire section, you can set the correct width for this section.
- Same Row
- All elements can be displayed in up to 4 columns. If this checkbox is selected, the form element (column or text) will be displayed to the right of other form elements. If the checkbox is unchecked, the element will be placed beneath the previous form element. If you want to rearrange an entire section, you can set the
Same Rowoption for this section.