Override Default Record Picker
To override the default record picker in a relation, edit this relation, and check the
Override default record picker checkbox.
Record Picker options are described below:
- This section is intended to set the filter criteria for the records that will be displayed in the reference column.
- All Records: to view all records from the master table.
- Only records that meet certain criteria: to view only specific records where you can specify the necessary filter criteria in the fields displayed below.
- Custom formula: to see only records filtered by the specified formula, select the option and configure a necessary formula in the fields displayed below.
If you are using a custom formula, the
Relatedcolumn prefix enables you to reference columns on the other side of the relationship in filter conditions for summary columns and relation-specific record pickers. Refer to this blog article for usage examples.
- This section is intended to set the sorting order for the records displayed in the reference column:
- Default Sorting if you want the records to be sorted by the key column.
- Custom Sorting if you want the records to be sorted by the specified criteria and set the necessary criteria in the fields displayed below.
- This section defines how records will be displayed in reference columns created in the other tables. Here you can choose columns that will be used for presenting the list of related records. Such a list is displayed when a user edits the reference column data.
Select one of the following settings:
- Name Column: if records should be presented by Name Column text information.
- Custom Columns: if records should be presented by specific column values. When the Custom Columns option is chosen, you can select necessary columns in the field opened below.
A reference column always participates in a relation, therefore if you adjusted the
Override default record pickeroptions in such relation, the same settings will be displayed in the corresponding reference column and vice versa.
You can override the default record picker and set specific options for the master records’ selection directly in a reference column. Just activate the
Override default record picker option in the reference column settings.
For instance, in the record picker settings, pick
Custom columns and select the "Company" and "Country" columns.
As a result, in the dropdown of the "Client" reference column, you can see that the records contain the Company name and the Country: