Create Record workflow action triggers the automatic creation of new records in any database table. To create this type of action:
Create Record option in the action type list and fill out the form as described below.
General section of the form, enter the action
Name and write a description in the
Notes field if needed.
- Get values from
- Choose a source to keep the initial data. You may choose a
Current Recordor the name of any RecordSet column kept in a table where this action is created.
- Create record in
- In the dropdown, select the table where a new record should be added.
- Execute Triggers
- TeamDesk allows cascading execution of record change triggers. It is controlled via the
Execute Triggersoption of the action. If the action should activate other record change triggers, choose the
Yesoption; otherwise, the
Nooption is selected.
Once the action is created, click the
New button in the
Use the following form to create the assignment. It will assign the specified column value to the created record:
- From …
- In this field, enter the formula (or value) that will be later inserted into a predefined record field.
- To …
- From the available dropdown list, select the field (column) to which the
Fromvalue should be inserted.
When finished, click
Save to add a new assignment.
You can add many assignments to one action. For example, the action below comprises three assignments:
At the bottom of the action form, you can find the
Log, which keeps detailed information regarding the last 100 calls of the action.