Mobile Device Create Record
Sometimes, you may need to carry out tasks offline and then submit the results to TeamDesk when an internet connection is available. To address this scenario, we’ve developed the TeamDesk mobile client application.
To make this work, you should add mobile device workflow actions. There are two possible types of mobile actions: the
Mobile Device Create Record action and the
Mobile Device Update Record action.
For instance, let’s say you need to create a photo report about placed advertisements or register your expenses, and you want this data to be stored in your database. To accomplish this in a simple manner, you can set up the
Mobile Device Create Record action in the appropriate table where the data should be stored. Afterward, you need to configure the TeamDesk mobile client application on your mobile phone.
Please note that the
Mobile Device Create Record action does NOT require a trigger. To create this action, follow these steps:
Setuplink in the top right corner of the window.
Select a table and click on the corresponding table name in the list on the left.
In the main frame, choose
Workflow Actionsfrom the menu.
Mobile Device Actionssection.
Complete the action form. Let’s consider the example of registering expenses:
- Enter a name for the action.
- Add any comments you need for this action.
- This option is intended to override the default "table color" logic, allowing you to set a different color for a mobile action.
- This option allows you to choose an icon for the mobile action from a selection of over 900 icons covering various subjects, such as actions, brands, file types, symbols, animals, and more. The
Search boxabove will help you narrow down the list of choices.
- Sent To
- Select options that define who can access the action in the TeamDesk mobile client application. You can specify one or more of the following options:
- All users with access: The action will be accessible to all users who can view or add records to the table where the action is created.
- Me: The action will be accessible only to you.
- The User: The action will be accessible only to a specified user.
- All members of the role: You can choose a role, and the action will be accessible to users assigned to this role.
- User Input
- In the
User Inputsection, you can choose fields or columns that should be displayed to a user when creating a new record via the TeamDesk mobile client application.
If you need to edit the action, you can use the
Edit button. To synchronize the changes with mobile devices, you must click the
Refresh On Devices button.
In the TeamDesk mobile client application, you can click on the menu icon, and the "Register Expense" action will be listed there:
Please note that the
Mobile Device Create Recordaction becomes instantly available via the mobile client application menu for selected users, users in specific roles, or all users with access to the table’s records.
Example: Register Expenses
Here’s an example of logging a new expense using a mobile device:
To send this expense to the database, simply click on the
As a result, the expense record is registered in the database:
Feel free to request a trial for the Example: Mobile Device Create/Update Record Database to test how it works.