The purpose of the
Generate Document workflow action is to generate the document from the current or (a set of) related records and store it in an attachment column of the current record.
The following properties are available:
- Enter a name for the workflow action.
- Enter a description if needed.
- Get data from
- In this field, we list the current record, any reference column(s) to parent records, and recordset columns. Additionally, we list lookup and summary columns that directly or indirectly point to reference or recordset columns. In other words, you can generate the document for almost any related record.
- Select a template for document generation. The template must be prepared in advance before you start setting up your workflow action. Here is how you can create a template.
- Save to
- Select the File Attachment column to store the document in. This column must also be created before the workflow action.
While generating the document, the action respects table and column access rights and the document’s availability for the record (document’s filter).
In case no related records are available, the action will delete the document stored in the column.