Using the Chart View, you may easily visualize sales volume comparison. Furthermore, if you need to drill down and review the details summarized in the Chart, just click on the displayed figures, and the details view will be opened.
To create a chart view, select the
Chart option from the list of view types and click
Next. The system will display the Chart View form comprising the sections described below.
- Enter a name for the new chart view.
- This field can hold any developer’s comments that need to be kept for this view. The comments will be visible in the Setup mode only.
- Show In Menu
- Leave this option checked if the view should be displayed in the menu.
- Enter a category name if you want to group the view under a category.
- Highlight Color
- Select a color to highlight this view in the list displayed in the menu.
- This option allows you to select an icon for a view. You have a choice of 900+ icons covering various subjects – actions, brands, file types, symbols, animals, and more. The Search box above will help you narrow down the list of choices.
In the User mode the icon will appear to the left of the view name listed in the left menu of the table.
- If you want to restrict access to the view for your users based on their roles, select the
Restrict access right by rolecheckbox and choose which roles will have access to this particular view.
Matchingsection is intended to set the filter criteria for the records that will be displayed in the view.
- All records: select if you want to include all records into the view;
- Only records that meet certain criteria: select if you want to filter records according to certain criteria. With the help of drop-down lists below create the rules according to which records will be filtered;
- Custom formula: select if you want to enter a custom formula and add the formula into the expanded field.
Chart section allows you to select the necessary chart type and specify its parameters.
- Chart Type
- From the Chart Type list, select the necessary chart type, and the example of the selected type will be displayed below.
- (1) Specify a formula that will be used to calculate values of Y (X) axis.
- (2) Specify the type of data that will be used to build the chart and displayed on the opposite X (Y) axis, also specify the order and the way in which the data will be grouped.
(3) Moreover, some chart types allow additional grouping. It divides the chart results into subgroups. Such subgroups are displayed as the legend in the top right corner of the chart. Grouping options are expounded in the Grouping item.
- Wedges to display
- Use this field only if the
Doughnutchart type is selected. Here you can specify the number of pies to display (all other entries will be grouped under the “Other” section).
Advanced options section is intended to specify additional options:
- Details View
- When the chart is built, the records are grouped, and results of such grouping are shown on the chart. The
Details Viewoption provides a possibility to overview the records included in every group. As a result, on the chart, each grouping value is displayed as a link. When a user clicks on such a link, the details of the group are displayed. You can define what view will be used to show details of the groups. In the
Details Viewdropdown, you can select any view built in the same table.
- Chart Width
- Specify the width by selecting one of the options:
- Chart Height
- Specify the height by selecting one of the options:
- Check the
Colorizationcheckbox to color the chart according to your need. The details are expounded in the View Colorization item.
- Enable Embedding
- This option allows you to copy/paste a simple HTML snippet to embed a view on your website page. More details are described here Embedding Option for Views.
- When this text property is filled in, a view page displays a small dropdown titled "Help" just under the tab bar. On the user’s click, it extends toward the bottom displaying the text you’ve typed.
You can create the following Chart Types:
|Horizontal Bar - Grouped
|Horizontal Bar - Stacked
|Horizontal Bar – Stacked to 100%
|Vertical Column – Grouped
|Vertical Column – Stacked
|Vertical Column – Stacked to 100%
|Line – Grouped
|Line - Cumulative
|Line – Grouped Cumulative
|Area – Stacked
|Area - Cumulative
|Area – Stacked Cumulative