Summary is a table view that gives a brief overview of records. To create a summary view, select the
Summary option from the list of view types and click
Next. The system will display the Summary View form comprising the following sections:
- Enter a name of a new summary view.
- This field can hold any developer’s comments that need to be kept for this view. The comments will be visible in the Setup mode only.
- Show In Menu
- Leave this option checked if the view should be displayed in the menu.
- Enter a category name if you want to group view under a category.
- Highlight Color
- Select a color to highlight this view in the list displayed in the menu.
- This option allows you to select an icon for a view. You have a choice of 900+ icons covering various subjects – actions, brands, file types, symbols, animals, and more. The Search box above will help you narrow down the list of choices.
In the User mode the icon will appear to the left of the view name listed in the left menu of the table.
- If you want to restrict access to the view for your users basing on their roles, select the
Restrict access right by rolecheckbox and choose what roles will have access to this particular view.
Matchingsection is intended to set the filter criteria for the records that will be displayed in the view.
- All records: select if you want to include all records in the view;
- Only records that meet certain criteria: select if you want to filter records according to certain criteria. With the help of drop-down lists below create the rules according to which records will be filtered;
- Custom formula: select if you want to enter a custom formula and add the formula to the expanded field.
- In the
Groupingsection you specify how displayed records should be grouped. You can choose up to three columns whose values will be used for grouping.
Grouping options are expounded in the Grouping item.
Columns To Calculate
Summary Viewcontains columns where the data (amounts, number of records or dates) are aggregated by groups. A total amount, average, minimal (maximal) result or a number of records in a group (or all records if
Nonegrouping is set) can be calculated and shown in the summary view. Select one or several columns in the
Columns to calculatesection and the function you need. Also you can enter the alternative column name in the
display asfield (if the field is left empty, default naming convention is used).
Advanced options section is intended to specify additional options:
- Details View
- The Summary View contains an overview of table records, these records are grouped and results of such grouping are shown in cells. To see details on a certain group, the
Details Viewoption should be set and each grouping value will be displayed as a link. When a user clicks on such link, the details of a group are displayed. Detailed group information may be given in any view. You can define what view will be used to show details of the record groups. In the
Details Viewdropdown you can select any view built in the same table.
- Row Colorization
- If you want to highlight certain rows, select the
Colorization Formulacheck box and enter the formula into the expanded field. The details are expounded in the View Colorization item.
- Enable Embedding
- This option allows you to copy/paste simple HTML snippet to embed a view on your website page. More details are described here Embedding Option for Views.
- When this text property is filled in, a view page displays small dropdown titled Help just under the tab bar. On user’s click it extends toward the bottom displaying the text you’ve typed.
When finished, click
Save to save changes or click
Cancel to discard.