Checkbox columns are useful when you want to indicate that a task is complete, work has been done, or a payment has been transferred. Furthermore, data in checkbox columns are often used as conditions for notifications sent to your users.
If a column contains data that doesn’t appear or behave as desired, you can edit the column’s General Properties and the properties defined by the column type.
In the General Properties, you can select either the
Unchecked option, and this chosen value will be inserted by default into this Checkbox field when a new record is created.
- Display as Graphics
- This property allows users to specify a graphical representation of the checkbox value. If the option is checked, the true column value is represented as a tick ✓ character. If the option is unchecked, the column displays
Below are descriptions of properties specific to the checkbox column type.
- Data Entry
- There are two options:
- Checkbox for editing the state via a checkbox.
- Radio Buttons for editing the state via two radio buttons.
- Yes Label
- Alternative text for the checked state.
- No Label
- Alternative text for the unchecked state.
- This property allows users to view the total for all column entries. Select the checkbox if you want the total line to be present at the end of the table.
- This property allows users to view the average for all column entries. Select the checkbox if you want the average line to be present at the end of the table.
- When the Help text property is filled in, a question mark is displayed near the field name on the View/Edit form. Hovering over this question mark will show a pop-up with a tip or a help text message.