Email Address Columns
Email columns should contain the contact emails of your clients, staff, partners, etc. Each email is represented as a link that allows your email program to automatically generate email letters.
If a column contains data that doesn’t appear or behave as desired, you can edit the column’s General Properties.
In the settings you can also fine-tune the column properties defined by the column type.
- Display Text
- This property allows a user to specify the text that will be displayed in the table instead of an entered email address.
- Display Options
- This property allows a user to specify display options for email address data. The following options are possible:
- Display All – to display the entire email address line, for example: Irene.Smith@yahoo.com;
- Only Display the User Portion – to display a part of an email address line preceding the @ character, for example: Irene.Smith;
- Only Display the First Part of the User Portion – to display only the first part of the user name, for example: Irene.
- When the Help text property is filled in, a question mark is displayed near the field name on the View/Edit form. Hovering over this question mark will display a pop-up with a tip or a help text message.