User Columns comprise the users of your database. For instance, if you want to assign a task to your staff or a team member who is a TeamDesk user, you should choose the User type column, and the list of users will be suggested automatically.
If a column contains data that doesn’t appear or behave as desired, you can edit the column’s General Properties.
You can set the Current user option in the General Properties, and the current user’s value will be inserted by default into this User field when a new record is created.
Properties defined by the column type:
- This property allows a user to specify the format for entering user names. The following values are possible:
- Full Name;
- Last Name, First Name;
- Screen Name.
- User Set
- This property allows a user to specify the set of users that will be used in the system:
- Default Set: Select this option if you want to use a pre-configured set of users.
- Custom Set: Select this option if you want to create a custom list of users. In this case, the emails of already invited users should be entered in the text field that will appear as soon as the Custom Set option is selected.
Note that each email should begin on a new line. No punctuation marks are required.
- Sort Choices
- Select "Sort choices alphabetically" if you want to display options in alphabetical order.
- When the Help text property is filled in, a question mark is displayed near the field name on the View/Edit form. If you point to this question mark, a pop-up with a tip or a help text message will be shown.
Please note that the "Default User Set" is comprised of users from the user list where the Default Set checkbox is checked.
In case the User Property table is created, every User column includes the User Properties section. In this section, you can create lookups to the information stored in the User Property table directly from the column form.
To add a lookup, click on the "New" button and select a column from the User Property table you want to refer to.
Furthermore, if there are more than 50 users in the database user list, and the "User" column is specified in a filter of a database object (view, trigger, button, document, etc.) or in email notification settings (for example, in the "To" field), you should enter some letters or words to find the user you need. By default, the first 50 names of users are listed in the dropdown.