Let’s assume your database includes the Suppliers table where suppliers’ names and websites are stored. You can add a URL type column to keep and display supplier websites.
If a column contains data that doesn’t appear or behave as you desire, you can edit the column’s General Properties.
Properties defined by the column type:
- Display as
- This property allows a user to specify how the URL is displayed. The following options are possible:
- Text: The URL is represented in a simple text format;
- Button: The URL is represented as a button;
- Image: The URL is represented as an image.
- Display Text
- This property allows a user to display a text value that will be present in the corresponding table cell instead of the entered URL value.
- Display Abbreviated
- This property allows a user to specify how a URL will be represented. Select the "Display abbreviated" checkbox if you want to wrap a URL string into several lines.
- Open in New Window
- This property allows a user to specify how a URL will be represented. Select the "Open in New Window" checkbox if you want to open a URL in a new window.
- When the Help text property is filled in, a question mark is displayed near the field name on the View/Edit form. If you point to this question mark, a pop-up with a tip or a help text message will be shown.